"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20
To put your God-sized dreams into motion. We are all created in God's image, and because God is creative, you are also creative. We have been blessed with an imagination and the ability to design our future. This exercise will help outline your 2017 bucket list.
- Start with a prayer. Open your heart to God's voice. We encourage you to dwell on your blessings and start with a grateful, joyful heart.
- Bucket list/dream planning is not a time for you to be “realistic,” this is the time to stop judging your thoughts and write down everything that pops into your head. List out what you want to do, be and have in year 2016. If you want to remove something later just erase it. For now, just WRITE IT DOWN!
- Make goals that are measurable and specific! Make sure your goals are something that when you get it, you will know it. Accomplishment creates energy and more ambition.
- Think in all directions of your life (Internal, Emotional, Career, Friend, Church, Family, City)
- Create a mix of goals ranging from things you can accomplish this week, to things that might take all year to execute.
THOUGHT STARTERS // QUESTIONS // SUGGESTIONS
- Start every day with FIRST 15. (five minutes of music, five minutes of bible reading, five minutes of prayer)
- Deeper Relationship with God
- Imagine yourself lying in bed next year. You are trying to sleep, but you are so excited about tomorrow you could not sleep. What would that tomorrow be filled with?
- Who do you want to become?
- What books do you want to read this year?
- What new responsibilities do you want to take this year? To grow in your spiritual maturity?
- Where do you want to travel?
- What do you want to create?
- Who do you want to become for your kids, spouse, and family?
- Who do you want to become at work?
- How do you want to change your health?
- What are you going to do this year that you have been pushing off?
- Who do you want to serve?
- What event do you want to plan to bring people together?
- What group do you want to join? Create? Sow into?
- What gift do you want to bless upon someone?
- What career dream do you want to accomplish?
- What’s something you want to learn or master? (e.g., a language?)
- What would you do if you have a guarantee that you could not fail?
DREAM PLANNING PART 2 (PAGE 2-3)
- Jot down the dreams you are setting for 3, 6 and 12 months.
- Next, List your 3 Game Changing Dreams for your 2017 #GAMECHANGER
- Below each dream, list out some stepping-stones to get these three dreams accomplished.
- Find one step you can do for one of your top three dreams and do it NOW!
- Take one daily or weekly regimen you want to accomplish and do it NOW!
When you write down your dream list, you give it POWER! It becomes real, and I know this can be a little frightening at first, because you are committing to something. DREAM BIG! Even if you don’t accomplish them this year, it's ok! For the most part, you might not know how you are going accomplish it. But the beautiful thing is you don’t have to worry about the 'How' you just need to focus on the Goal! God figures out the ‘How’! He can do more than you can ever dream or imagine.
Keep praying for Jesus to open the right doors for you. Your dreams are going to change and grow this year. Keep your heart open to the dreams with which he is going to fill it. God has dreams for you that you don’t even know exist. We are so excited to hear what God does in your life!
Some steps to accomplish big dreams are not going to be comfortable. Be ready for that. With Jesus on your side, you will have peace and wisdom so that you can overflow in love every step of the way.
You are so loved.
Polly and the Planner Crew