"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20
We invite you to have a dream planning party! Sign up to be a host and you will get tons of free resources. Your event can be you and your best friend or a large gathering! Learn more here and sign up!
To put your God-sized dreams into motion. We are all created in God's image, and because God is creative, you are also creative. We have been blessed with an imagination and the ability to design our future. This exercise will help you outline your 2017 bucket list.
- Start with a prayer. Open your heart to God's voice. We encourage you to dwell on your blessings and start with a grateful, joyful heart.
- Bucket list/dream planning is not a time for you to be “practical;” instead, this is the time to write down everything that pops into your head and to stop judging your thoughts. List out what you want to do, be, and have in year 2016. If you decide to remove something later, simply erase it. For now, though, just WRITE IT DOWN!
- Make goals that are measurable and specific! Make sure your goals are defined in a manner that when you achieve each goal, you will know it. Accomplishment creates energy and instills within you even more ambition.
- Think in all directions of your life. (Internal, Emotional, Career, Friendships, Church, Family, City, Physical, Spiritual, Etc.)
- Create a mix of goals ranging from things you can accomplish this week, to things that might take all year to execute.
THOUGHT STARTERS // QUESTIONS // SUGGESTIONS
- Start every day with FIRST 15. (Five minutes of music, five minutes of bible reading, and five minutes of prayer)
- Deeper Relationship with God
- Imagine yourself lying in bed next year. You are trying to sleep, but you are so excited about tomorrow you could not sleep. What would that tomorrow be filled with?
- Who do you want to become?
- What books do you want to read this year?
- What new responsibilities do you want to add this year? To grow in your spiritual maturity?
- Where do you want to travel?
- What do you want to create?
- Who do you want to become for your kids, spouse, and family?
- Who do you want to become at work?
- How do you want to change your health?
- What are you going to do this year that you have been pushing off?
- Who do you want to serve?
- What event do you want to plan to bring people together?
- What group do you want to join? Create? Sow into?
- What gift do you want to bless someone with?
- What career dream do you want to accomplish?
- What’s something you want to learn or master? (e.g., a language?)
- What would you do if you were given a guarantee that you could not fail?
DREAM PLANNING PART 2 (PAGE 2-3)
- Jot down the dreams you are setting for 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months.
- Next, list your 3 Game Changing Dreams for your 2017 #GAMECHANGER
- Below each dream, list out some stepping stones that need to be completed to make that dream a reality.
- Find one step you can do for one of your top three dreams and do it NOW!
- Take one daily or weekly regimen you want to accomplish and do it NOW!
By writing down your dream list, you give it POWER! I know this can be a little frightening at first because you are committing to something. DREAM BIG! Even if you don’t accomplish every dream this year, it's ok! For some of your dreams, you may not even know exactly how you are going accomplish them. However, the beautiful thing is you don’t have to figure out the “How” by yourself -- God is with you. Pray for guidance and wisdom in determining what steps you need to take to reach your dreams. God can do more than you can ever dream or imagine.
Keep praying for Jesus to open the right doors for you. Your dreams are going to change and grow this year. Keep your heart open to the dreams with which he is going to fill it. God has dreams for you that you don’t even know exist. We are so excited to hear what God is going to accomplish in your life!
Some of the steps needed to accomplish big dreams are not going to be comfortable. Be ready for that. With Jesus on your side, you will have peace and wisdom so that you can overflow in love every step of the way.
Polly and the Planner Crew